Matrix delivered a leadership and business development programme for food companies in Northern Ireland. The programme was supported by InvestNi and the College of Agriculture (CAFRE). Matrix was selected from over 30 UK leadership consultancies to develop and deliver this programme. We delivered four Programmes to 40 companies.
The primary objective of the programme was to develop the strategic management and leadership capabilities of owner managers of SMEs within the Northern Ireland food industry.
An evaluation by indicated that the participants have developed new skills and made changes to their leadership approach. The main improvement areas are set out below:
• Greater awareness of leadership style
• Better understanding of staff
• Better planning and organising
• Less hands on and more strategic
• More aware of and greater focus on strategic priorities
• More effective delegation
• More able to grow their companies